As the name implies, international health insurance is made to cover your medical requirements while abroad. The only difference between this type of insurance and traditional health insurance is that it also covers your medical expenses while living abroad, and understanding how international health insurance functions is crucial because of this.
What Is Covered By Global Health Insurance?
Most international health insurance plans generally provide coverage for the following, but you can decide what and how much:
- Hospitalisation, surgery, intensive care, anaesthesia, lab work, and X-rays are examples of in-patient medical care*
- Medical care is received outside of a network hospital setting, such as visits to a doctor, a specialist, a psychiatrist, an urgent care facility, etc. Services for emergencies and prescription drugs*
- Dental Insurance*
- Vision protection*
- Psychiatric treatment*
- Existing health problems*
- Repatriation or evacuation*
Is Medical Insurance Required Abroad?
Although it is not required, most expats prefer global insurance because it provides peace of mind. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about medical issues while travelling if you have international health insurance. You most likely purchased travel health insurance when planning a trip abroad. It provides medical emergency coverage while travelling, just like travel insurance. Travel insurance, for instance, only provides short-term coverage for medical emergencies. Travel insurance frequently excludes pre-existing conditions, maternity, dental care, and other expenses. Travel insurance is not intended to provide settled health coverage but to safeguard you from any unforeseen losses incurred on vacation or business. You can estimate the costs of your insurance using a health insurance premium calculator. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under health insurance policy.*
Benefits Of Having Global Health Insurance
The fact that international health insurance covers you globally, or wherever you are, is one of its most important benefits. Additionally, international health insurance gives you access to private healthcare, including private healthcare facilities, immediate care without waiting times.*
How Can I Buy Global Health Insurance?
Look for a global insurance company. You can look for such a provider in your country or consult online businesses that sell insurance plans designed especially for international coverage. Examine the insurance contracts. Providers typically offer a basic insurance policy and a more comprehensive policy. The comprehensive policy typically covers everything, including emergencies and dental and eyewear costs, whereas the basic plan typically only covers emergencies.* There are a few different ways to purchase international insurance, with the following being the most popular:
- Directly: You can purchase an insurance plan directly through the insurance company.
- Through An Insurance Agent: A licensed insurance agent may represent one insurance company or several insurance companies and offer you the plans that their customers’ companies have to offer.
- Through An Insurance Broker: The insurance broker will consider your needs as a client and give you several options for your global health insurance plan.
Pull out your ID card. After you purchase international health insurance, your provider will issue you an ID card containing your personal data and insurance information. Ensure you understand what a health insurance premium is and renew it once for uninterrupted coverage.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.